Here is a list of some things you can do to help protect your local community.
1) Download our poster – Print it out – Put one in your car and in your window.
2) Subscribe to our site by clicking the Subscribe button on the right hand side menu. This will mean that you will receive an email telling you about new posts. By subscribing you we can show Peterborough City Council how many people are against these proposals.
3) Add us to your facebook, twitter or social networking site and tell as many people as you can about how Peterborough City Council want to destroy Newborough.
4) Download our petition . Get as many people as you can to sign it – then please bring it along to one of our meetings or post it with an objection letter to your councillor. (Letter templates can be found here)
6) Write an objection to these plans.
7) If you have a Conservative councillor (other than David Sanders who is fighting to protect Thorney) write them a letter telling them that their continued support for this plan will result in you voting against them in the next local elections. (Most councillors are fighting re-election in 2014)
8) Keep your eyes open for rare and endangered species on or around any of the sites and pass any findings (With photos if possible) onto us.
9) Write a letter of concern direct to the DCLG. Contact details are:
Telephone030 3444 0000
10) Write a letter of objection to your councillor. Here you can find some templates and the contact details of the councillors.
If you have a good story to share about how this proposal will affect your life or livelihood then then please send a letter or email to the Peterborough Evening Telegraph. Contact details can be found here.
If you have some spare time and want to help then please send an email using this link. With the subject “I want to help” and we can contact you directly.
Please read our copyright notice here